Monday, July 4, 2011

The past few days have been extremely hot and humid during the day, with almost tropical thunderstorms in the evenings. Yesterday, a city about three hours from where I live recieved more rain in one night than they usually get for the whole summer. And that's in Denmark, which means there are flooded basement cheese shops everywhere. For once I'm glad I live in the countryside where there's enough fields to soak up the water. And not a single basement cheese shop.

My dog got a heatstroke this weekend, which sucked old man-wart, and my computer got trojans, which sucks slightly less but still hard enough to leave teethmarks in said wart. The finger I hurt while caving in Borneo (god it sounds so cool to say that that it's almost worth the chronic injury) aches like a motherfucker. So I've spent my time off playing Eternal Sonata, which sometimes is good and sometimes drives me mad, but so far it's worth the effort. I've seen a few movies that were actually good. I don't really do that very often lately. Lars von Triers Antichrist was fantastic. I've always loved von Trier and Willem Dafoe, and their combined effort is fucking beautiful.
Reservation Road was a bit of a surprise for me. I have a huge ladyboner for both Joaquin Phoenix and Jennifer Connelly and neither disappointed in this movie. It was really refreshing to see something resembling actual mature emotions and intelligence in a ridiculously premised movie about a hit and run.

So yeah, I've had a lazy ass weekend. How was yours?

11 comments:

Mailex said...

Intresting Text dude.

Jay said...

doesn't sound much like a lazy weekend to me. ;)

Banacek said...

Damn. Sorry to hear about your dog. I've never heard of one getting heat stroke before.

Dave said...

Damn. That really sucks about your dog. Sorry to hear that.

blorriepoes said...

omg i had such a lazy weekend.
thanks for ur interests!
+1 and following

MrFeakj said...

ohh a bad weekend, thats not good.
nice blog, +1 following.
you too?

The Onion Gypsy said...

great blog! happy 4th! +followed

unevenlove said...

Sorry to hear that about your dog. ):

StigmataHandjob said...

Dog is fine now, I was really worried when it happened but she recovered well. We were lucky there was a creek right by when it happened so we could cool her down.

braumaman said...

That sounds like awful weather tbh.

Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!