Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's gonna be a looonely weekend. Dropped my boyfriend off at the trainstation earlier, he's going to Gothenburg to play with his crazy awesome game developer-friends. I wanted to go with him but I lack not only funds but also someone to look after my dog when I'm away, so I had to stay home. Besides, it's probably good for him to get ridiculously drunk with his friends, without me, once in a while.

On my way from the parking lot at the train station, I experienced the wonder that is tourists in this picturesque little piece of shit town. The population here quadruples during June and July (and so do the prices in grocery stores) which is pretty damn inconvenient for those who actually live here. Anyway, in this particular incident some idiot had parked his BMW in the middle of the exit from the parking lot, and had also scattered suitcases all around his car to really make sure not even a bike could squeeze by. A pack of teenagers were buzzing around the car, talking and laughing and not giving a fuck about the long line of cars waiting to get out of there. It took them twenty minutes to put their shit in the trunk (while pausing to giggle and pose every three seconds or so) and get out of the way. I don't know if these people completely lack the ability to think or if it's something they just figure they can do without when they're on vacation so they leave it at home.


So. Rainy alone-weekend with no money and no dogsitter ahead. I think I'm gonna have a Mad Men marathon. While drinking whiskey and wearing a suit, for good measure.

13 comments:

Ala Mode 7 said...

Yes, Madmen is a good show! Be sure to get some quality booze!

That Bastard From Bellingham said...

GAH, Ala Mode 7 beat me to it!

Suffice it to say, I have yet to see the so-called awesomeness that is Mad Men...but all I ever hear about it are good things. So hey, drink up while ya got it, pet yer dog and watch somethin' good~!!!

blorriepoes said...

i like the show, i love the whisky!

Devour said...

Awesome post! Keep posting ").

Dwrek said...

The next season I heard will be the best so far.

braumaman said...

Cuddle up to your computer and watch something online. You're never alone online.

Sarahberry74 said...

Seriously I want to join for just one day! These stories are unbelievable but entertaining! Love it!

The Dawg said...

Tourists can be quite annoying. Not too many of them around here, and since the population effectively disappears in the summer, it's nice and quiet.

movie68 said...

Teenagers are always annoying, tourists or not, I substitute during the school year so deal with them all the time. And yeah Mad Men is an awesome show.

Banacek said...

Those damn kids and their suitcase parties!

Scrubby Bear said...

I LIKE IT!!!

Choms1337 said...

hehe great post :D

SamArmy said...

Not seen Madmen yet, should check it out sometime :)
Awesome blog!
+F