Monday, June 20, 2011

This is fascinating yet really disgusting. Not sure if want.


Had an awesome day at work today. Started at 7 am but it was raining so hard we had to stop at 8:30 and wait for hours before being able to get back to work. I spent the time playing Witcher 2 and talking trash with my coworkers G and J. I've come to like them a lot, they're both really fucking funny.

Oscar and I went to see Super8 yesterday. Spoilers ahead:
Some things were completely off storywise, some things just ridiculous (derailing a train with a car causing approximately half the planet to explode? Seriously?), and the ending was pretty tacky. But I'm willing to forgive cause the train scene was indeed awesome, the kids were fucking amazing actors, there were plenty of sweet action scenes and some really nice subtlety amidst all the shoving-mom-grief-down-your-throat. All in all, a nice story with appealing characters. I do wonder though, why the hell did the alien need some kid to tell it a dr Phil-quote before it could go home?


In other news: They've opened a clothes shop in my village. This is funny for two reasons. One: There are three shops that have made it for longer than six months here; a place for cow fodder, a place that sells (very old) groceries at outrageous prices, and a pizza place. The chances of a clothes shop making it are pretty low, especially considering reason number two: They sell the kind of clothes that only MC Hammer could wear with pride. This town is full of inbred rednecks, not pimps and time traveling cokeheads from the 80s. I'm sorry they lied to you.


Also, I ate a liter of strawberries yesterday and today my ass sounds like a geiger counter. In case you were wondering.

No comments: