Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm actually really fucking happy today. I got the examiner's comments to my second master thesis. Among other things, he wrote this:

"Notably, her observations – as well as her representation of the ‘findings’ of the observation method in the thesis – is close to brilliant. It reveals a sharp and self-reflective researcher, poignant capture of significant material, and a concerned flair for dilemmas and ethics".

I was so certain I'd completely fucked that shit up it almost made me cry with relief and happiness. Losers need little victories to avoid them getting demoralised you see.

I also got a really sweet letter from the thai lady I met in Japan last year, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We've been writing eachother once every couple of months since we met and it's always really nice to hear from her. She's such an incredibly kind person and it makes me really happy to know there are people like her out there, untouched by all the asscancer-humans in the world. If everyone had a friend like her I bet there would be a lot less anger and tension and sadness out there.