Thursday, February 3, 2011

wtf

I've been dreading getting feedback on my pilot study for my master thesis, thinking it was probably the shittiest thing I've ever written. I almost didn't dare to read the comment when I got it, but when I did I was fucking stunned.


Linda,
An excellent paper! Well-written, systematically structured, and methodologically and theoretically reflexive. You describe the background to and aim of your study briefly – that is fully enough for the purpose of this paper – and focus – as was the intention of this assignment – on discussing, presenting and reflecting upon your methodological choices and exercise. The discourse analysis is a rather difficult area, but you handle it well, discussing it both as a theoretical approach and a methodology. Your analysis will really serve as a relevant pilot for your PW, I believe, especially as you here come up with some problems and obstacles that you have had in this exercise – your perhaps too broad theoretical framework and not well enough defined analysis criteria. These problems, I see as part of this assignment, and you reflect well upon them, and should be able to sharpen the analytical framework better for the PW, based on this pilot study and with the help of a supervisor. You show proof of advanced analytical skills, and I wish you all the best of luck with the project work!
Grade: A


..I still feel like shit about being stuck in a hole full of illiterates, but this did make things a little bit better. If only employers gave a fuck too and I could actually make a living at some point of my pathetic existence, that'd be even better.

No comments: