Monday, January 24, 2011

You know how you sometimes read those gay little stories about dogs saving their owners' lives by dragging them through a ditch when they're on fire and stuff? My dog kinda did that today. She didn't exactly drag me through a ditch, but she did wake me up unreasonably early. I thought she just needed to go outside so I got up to let her out, and she started whimpering and rushed into the kitchen. For some reason I went after her and that turned out to be a good thing.The coffee maker had been left on when and it had been doing it's thing all night. The kitchen was full of stink and smoke and the coffee pot was black with stuff that was no longer coffee but something vile and evil that wanted to melt plastic.

I don't know if my dog saved any lives today but now I know I can count on her doing it if she has to. And that's pretty cool. I should just start calling her Lassie and fall into wells to encurage her further.

No comments: