Monday, January 31, 2011

Spent the weekend in Karlstad again. I had a lecture on national economy which sounds boring as shit but was really interesting. And afterwards, sitting at Magnus's place drinking beer and having heated discussions and listening to hilarious anecdotes from Jonas, Marie and Zeljko, I felt comfortable with people I don't really know, for the first time in ages. They don't give a shit about me, I'm just any acquaintance to them, but for someone as incredibly socially deprived as me, that's something really special. Being around people so determined and confident also gave me a bit of a bravery boost that was much needed. I also had a teacher tell me a paper I'd written was "brilliant" which was obviously quite nice to hear.

Makes me wonder where I would've been today if I'd had a normal life and a normal start to a working life to begin with instead of being stalled for almost ten years.

No comments: