Thursday, September 17, 2009

Water.

Went to see the parental units the other day. Took a walk by the sea with my dad in a place called Gamla Bro, which means Old Bridge. I like that name. I like the place too. There were six horses with foals roaming around, and hundreds and hundreds of baby fish in the very clear and very still water. We sat on a pier and watched them and the birds and the sky and enjoyed the stillness and the sun and all of a sudden, just like that, for the first time in a year, I felt at peace with myself. The black hole in my back was gone, if only for a while. It came back later of course, but I had a moment of rest and that was wonderful.

Yesterday I tried vibration training, which was really silly but kind of fun and a good way to start prepping my body for the shock it'll be to go back to TKD. One more week til I can start training for real again. Can't wait. In the evening I went for a run with Amos on the beach, but I kind of ended up just standing still staring at the water most of the time. It was really windy and gray and the waves were huge by our standards. It was wild and beautiful and I wished I could've been it.

No comments: