Monday, September 28, 2009

thursday.

After having to get up at 6 to see a dentist, after 3½ hours of sleep, I was pretty tired when my grandma called at 9 a.m and asked me to go with her to the hospital. "It won't take long" she said. "You'll be out of there in no time, I just need someone to help me push my wheelchair".
Six hours later we were finally done, which was lucky since I had an appointment with the people who sliced up my eyes and I had to really hurry to be there on time. Once there they told me my eyesight was exceptional considering I was virtually blind when they did the operation and that the results surpassed their expectations. That was awesome. I could finally go home and relax for a bit.
Except on my way back my mom calls and tells me I have to hurry my ass over to the house, cause she needs to go to the emergency room and her car broke down on the way there. So I hurry home and my brother and I take his car to pick up my mom and take her to the hospital. We wait for five hours before she gets to see a doctor. The air in the waiting room is horribly stale, a glass of water costs money and the only thing there is to read is golf magazines from 1977 and a book about China.
Once we finally get out and get on the road, my brother manages to hit another car. Noone got hurt but it fucked up the steering on our car, which made the long drive back pretty dangerous and not very pleasant.
They drop me off at the apartment on their way back, and as I climb the stairs all I can think of is getting through the front door before I pass out. And maybe even manage to eat something first, which would be even better. So I open the door and my cousin is lying on the couch surrounded by all our blankets covered in sweat, and a bucket of puke in front of him. He asks me if I would mind sleeping at our grandma's place since he's really sick and would prefer to be alone. Of course I can't say no, so I throw some clothes in a plastic bag and start walking across town to her place. Half an hour later I just arrived there, when he calls again and asks me to come back cause he's so sick he's afraid to be alone. I drop off my stuff at my grandma's and go back, then spend the night feeding him meds, rubbing his neck, getting him cold water and wet towels, opening and closing the window when he's hot/cold. I even give him a face massage to get him to go to sleep, which he finally does at around four.
After which I walked back to my grandma's place and drank a liter of water and fell asleep. I had to get up every five minutes to pee, but it meant getting to go back to a warm bed after so I didn't mind too much. Not after a day like that.

No comments: