Saturday, September 5, 2009

Eye surgery was the most physically painful thing I've done since I had a muscle kicked off by a horse. They use pressure to slice off a piece of your eye so I guess that's natural though. It only hurt for a day but there's still a milky veil fucking up my vision, hence my online absence. Haven't been able to read til now. It takes a long time for the brain to get used to seeing too. I get tired really easily now cause I'm totally bombarded with things I've never been able to see before. Like separate leaves on the trees. The first night I spent hours staring at a shirt lying on the floor, completely fascinated with how the light fell on the folds and wrinkles. I have to sleep with these plastic cups over my eyes for a week which makes me feel like a fly, which is cool. During the days I have to wear sunglasses which makes me feel like Lindsey Lohan which is not.

I'm living at my cousin's apartment now. He's been out of town for two weeks, comes back tomorrow to do laundry and then he's off again. I have the place all to myself 90% of the time. It's so fucking great living alone. I spend my days running around with the four darling dogs. Bella actually howls with joy when I come over lately. It's nice to have someone who cares, even if it's someone who thinks rabbit shit is the tastiest snack in the world. Amos shows affection by chewing on peoples faces. Loba's nose is always red because of it, and lately, so is my right ear. He's such a loveling, they keep me going.

No comments: