Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh Swedes.

I went to the doctor today, she took one look at my ear and told me what I already knew, and sent me off to the pharmacy. So I'm waiting for my penicillin, with blood seeping out of my ear and a bunch of children staring at me in amazement. The pharmacy lady-person passes me the pills and this stuff I'm supposed to drip into the ear four times a day, and starts explaining how often I'm supposed to take the meds and all that, when she suddenly goes "oh shit". "What?" I cleverly countered. "The doctor didn't specify which ear you're supposed to put it in".

Like, really. They let this person work with prescription drugs? She thinks I can't figure out which one of my own ears is deaf? I probably wouldn't be able to keep track if I put my hands to both my ears and checked which one goes red either. So I'm like "I think I can handle it. And I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right even if I'm uncertain since I only have two ears", with my sweetest undetectable-sarcasm-voice that I've worked on a lot since coming back home. And the woman lights up, like really goes :D:D:D:D:D, like God had descended to share the secrets of sick-ear-detecting with her and spared her the agony of trying to help the poor patient figure things out. It was hilarious.
I spent the car ride home thinking about this woman. Do they let her drive? Do her own shopping? Does she have children, and if so, did she need a doctors help to figure out what mouth to put the food in when she fed them as babies?

It was an exciting day.

2 comments:

un dos tre pepé said...

men linda!

hahahahhahaahahahahahhahhahhahahahhah

StigmataHandjob said...

Haha. Ueeppa! I miss thee, Pépé. <3