Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas.

I got a tall, black vase for christmas from my parents. Only in my mind, it was a monocular, a machine gun and a bat all conveniently stored in one harmless-looking item. The cat and I had great fun with it, peeking at eachother from separate sides of the hallway. Boredom is absolutely awesome when it makes you silly and imaginative rather than passive. I also absolutely refuse to act my age. A vase is something you give to an adult. A machine gun/bat/monocular on the other hand is totally a kid-thing. Totally.

Today was good, the first day I could relax a bit since I came home. Christmas was enjoyable despite the poverty and my really being too old to appriciate the consumer hysteria. It's nice to be with my own family, in my own home. I just love them too much and feel way too responsible for them to be able not to hurt all fucking day long.

On a completely separate note - did you know the entire human race has way more DNA in common that two chimpanzee individuals in the same flock?

No comments: