Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Immigrants <3

Man what a shitty day. I woke up at four, just in time to watch the sun go down. Had breakfast, intended to study and.. well, failed miserably. I laughed uncontrollably at a conversation between Lan and his father though, starting out like this:

Lan: "Dad, what's canvassing?"
Sonny: "Cambridge? It's in England."
Lan: "No, not Cambridge, canvassing.
Sonny: "It's a university town."
Lan: "...ugh, never mind.."

I had a second immigrant-experience a few hours later when I called the russians:

Russian: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey, it's Linda."
Russian: "Hi honey."
Me: "Er, what?"
Russian: "I hear it on TV. You don't like?"
Me: "No, you shouldn't call people honey for no reason."
Russian: "On TV it's okay."
Me: "This isn't TV."
Russian: "...on TV, it's okay."
Me: *deep sigh*

I seriously don't know what I'd do without them, they're fairly decent replacements for my pets when it comes to being stupid and adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol