Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quick note on my last night in West Virginia. I don't think I've ever felt so at home and at peace anywhere I've gone before. I've spoken to (and more importantly, really liked) more strangers the past few days than I have in a lifetime before. This is the one place I've ever been where I don't constantly feel disgusting and out of place, people just don't fucking care here. I can't tell you how much that means to someone like me.

So BJ, not only have you been a good friend for almost half my life, you, your uncle and your friends made me feel at ease and at home like I never have in my life, including in my actual home. There are no words that can express how grateful I am to all of you for this.

Tomorrow I'm getting back on the bus, with my darkness chased away. Even if it's just for the briefest period of time, I'm gonna cherish every second of it for as long as possible.

No comments: